Last weekend we took a family trip to Montauk. My sister was competing in a triathlon and I have Summer Fridays so I was able to get to Montauk by the time I’d normally be getting home from work. I love family trips!
Here are a few fun things to do and see in Montauk:
1. Go for a Bike Ride: I took a long bike ride (although not triathlon long) and it was fun to wonder around town. I ended up passing a beautiful garden, Westlake Marina, and riding in various residential areas.
2. Beach: We stayed on the beach near the hotel but there are a few great beaches in Montauk.
3. The Clam and Chowder House: Go to The Clam and Chowder House for lunch. They have great views of Westlake Marina.
4. Bake Shoppe: Bake Shop is famous for their jelly croissants. A trip to Montauk wouldn’t be complete without one! It is best to go at 8 or 9 am.
5. Coffee Tauk: Grab an iced latte or an iced coffee at Coffee Tauk.
6. Surfside Inn: We had dinner at Surfside Inn and everyone was so nice. The food was amazing and the restaurant is charming.
7. Sweet Tauk: Go to Sweet Tauk for lemonade, ice cream, lobster, or refreshing lemonade popsicles!
I hope to travel more this summer! Yay for Summer Fridays!
P.S. Speaking of getting out of town… Kate Spade is having a surprise sale today! Get 75% off travel “necessities!”