Back to the Beginning:
It was ten a.m. on a Sunday morning. I was in a crowded spin class with my Blackberry resting precariously on the water bottle holder. Suddenly, over Kelly Clarkson’s Stronger, the Blackberry blasted its blaring bell. I was on call for the weekend. I jumped off the bike and walked outside of the room muffling the sound of the blasting music. No, I wasn’t being called into surgery because I’m a world-renowned neurologist. I had just graduated from college and was working as a paralegal. I called my manager back and learned that I had to go to the office to prepare binders of key case documents for attorneys leaving for trial later in the week. That was the moment I decided to start a blog.
I missed writing and having a creative outlet and a blog seemed like the perfect solution for filling both voids. On the subway to work that Sunday morning, I scribbled down potential names for my blog before settling on the name: The Preppy Post Grad. I started writing blog posts on the weekends and scheduled them to be published during the week. As I was checking brief citations, compiling velo-bound documents, and preparing an abundant supply of binders, posts would go out about topics I was passionate about and interested in. When I started my blog, I never imagined that anyone other than my closest friends and family would read it. Thank you so much for reading my blog!!!
You can read more about how my blog began here.
42 Things You Didn’t Know About Me:
1. My favorite foods are hummus, lattes, and hot apple cider (just not together).
2. I try not to go to Starbucks but I swear that a gravitational pull forces me to go.
3. I often quote movies during conversation. This proves to be quite awkward if people don’t catch the reference.
4. Joining a sorority was one of the best decisions I have ever made
5. I grew up in Manhattan and currently live just a few blocks from home. I go home to do my laundry.
6. I weighed one pound and eight ounces when I was born. I was four months premature.
7. I sing in the shower and apparently I take requests. My freshman year roommates learned that if they hummed a new song while brushing their teeth I would switch songs… even when I didn’t know the words.
8. I talk in my sleep… a lot. I say things like, “So cute. So curious.”
9. I am still best friends with my freshman year roommates. Our email chain is like a diary. They also know more embarrassing stories about me than almost anyone I know.
10. My nicknames are E, Shoshanna, and Elana Grossenhiemer Phepher.
11. When I was growing up I wanted to be an Olympic equestrian, an advertising executive, an US Assistant Attorney, an interior designer, a Broadway actress, a movie and television actress, and a FBI analyst.
12. I become funnier when I am nervous.
13. My favorite TV shows are Scandal, House of Cards, Pretty Little Liars, Nashville, Dawson’s Creek, and Gossip Girl.
14. My favorite movies are Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Sabrina, Paris When It Sizzles, Rom, Funny Face, Easy A, American President, Pitch Perfect, Cruel Intentions, The Proposal, Mean Girls, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Something Borrowed, He’s Just Not That Into You, High Society, Legally Blonde and Pitch Perfect.
15. My favorite holiday movies are Elf, The Holiday, and Love Actually.
16. I drink way too much coffee.
17. I love almost anything with a rose on it.
18. Almost every time I see a movie or finish a book I say that it was my favorite.
19. I believe in celebratory lattes and celebratory hot apple cider.
20. I love being surrounded by inspirational quotes and phrases and they are all over my room.
21. My favorite project right now is decorating my room.
22. I have scoliosis and wore a back brace for two years during middle school. The experience taught me about the importance of feeling confident in your own skin, being empathetic, and having a good sense of humor (I said that I had abs of steel.)
23. 23 is my lucky number because it is the day I was born, original, I know.
24. I was an equestrian from ten years old until college. Riding taught me the importance of hard work, responsibility, and determination. I miss it almost every day but it is terrible for my back.
25. I absolutely hate being late so I am almost always five minutes early. I’ve gotten used to walking around the block once or twice.
26. I have a younger sister who is four years younger and eight inches taller than me.
27. I dance at my desk if I am really enjoying a song (aka daily).
28. My favorite gym classes are spin class, Met Con 3, and yoga.
29. I started a blog as a weekend project and creative outlet when I worked at a corporate job shortly after graduating from college.
30. I love anything monogrammed.
31. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because it is just about friends, family, and really good food. My other favorite holiday is the 4th of July because my sorority sisters and I always celebrate on the National Mall.
32. My favorite thing to do on a rainy day is to have a Gossip Girl marathon while blogging.
33. I spill coffee on myself almost every day.
34. I love impromptu dance parties.
35. I went to the same pediatrician as Lady Gaga. I don’t remember if I saw her there but I don’t think so because I never saw a little girl in a meat dress.
36. I really love Thai food and Indian. I am constantly craving Pad Thai.
37. Growing up I had three dogs (one toy poodle, one miniature poodle, and one yorkie) as well as a rabbit named Houdini because he would jump out of the kitchen. We got the two poodles from a woman on the street who sold Prado and Fendo (knockoff bags…).
39. My favorite inspirational quotations are:
-“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson.
-“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” -Oscar Wilde
40. My favorite Twitter hashtag is #BestDayEver
41. My favorite actress is Lea Michele. I saw Spring Awakening on Broadway four times (thank you, TKTS) and then I watched her on Glee. I think she is very talented!
42. My favorite color is light blue.
The editorial integrity of The Preppy Post Grad is extremely important to me. Please note that all opinions and content expressed here is my own and is not influenced by sponsors or advertisers. I will always disclose items that have been gifted to me and I only review and accept products I would use!
Thank you so much for reading! I really appreciate it!