I grew up in NYC and haven’t fully taken advantage of all of the fun “touristy” things to do in the city. I did “touristy” things when I studied abroad, when I travel, or in DC but it is time to try a few new things in NYC and do some of my favorite things again. Here is my list so far! I’m sure I’ll be adding to it throughout the summer. I’ve also added a few things that aren’t in NYC but are on by to-do list.
I’ve told a few of my friends about this list and I can’t wait to complete it with different people!
1. Go to Wave Hill.
2. Yoga in Bryant Park
3. Movie in Bryant Park (here)
4. Eataly rooftop bar and Nutella bar
5. Buy tickets for a Broadway show at TKTS.
7. Bike ride in Central Park
8. Walk over the Brooklyn bridge
9. Go to the Cloisters
10. Go to the New York Botanical Gardens
11. Go hiking
12. Bike to the Little Red Lighthouse
13. Go to the Hamptons
14. Go to an event in Prospect Park
15. Go to Montauk
16. Have a picnic in Central Park
17. Do one DIY project.
18. Make 2 popsicle recipes!
19. Hot Yoga at Yoga to the People
20. Weekend in Waccabuc
21. Read 5 books on my Summer Reading List (Where’d You Go Bernadette?, The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls)
22. Spend a rainy day at The Met, The Frick, New York Historical Society, Whitney, or Cooper Hewitt
23. Go to 5 rooftop bars (here)
24. Go to 5 garden restaurants (here)
26. Go to Pop Bar
27. Go to Big Gay Ice Cream Shop
28. Walk the High Line
29. Go to a restaurant for Restaurant Week
30. Go to Boat Basin
31. Go to Broadway in Bryant Park
32. Lunch or coffee in Bryant Park
33. Shakespeare in the Park
35. Free concerts at MoMA
36. Music in the Park (New York Philharmonic Concert in the Parks)
37. French Day (July 13)
38. 92nd Street Y Jazz festival
39. Out of Doors (July 20-Aug. 10)
40. The Jazz Age Lawn Party (Aug. 16-17) (here)
41. Movies in Central Park (Aug. 18-22) (here)
42. Frying Pan
43. Standard Bingo and Standard Biergarten
44. Visit DC!!!
45. Mini Golf
46. Try cooking 3 new recipes
47. Take out bikes in Central Park (it’s a rip off but it looks like fun!)
48. Walk the rambles
49. 5th Avenue
50. General Theological Seminary
51. Governer’s Island
52. Spa day at Bliss Soho
53. Meet NYC bloggers!
54. Beach day!
55. The rooftop at The Met
56. Pier 61
I’m keeping the list on a new page so that I can keep track as I check things off!
What else should I add?