1. An App For Your Bucket List, Not Your To-Dos (Fast Company): I love to-do lists. I use Google Tasks, the iPhone Reminders app, and a notebook that I carry with me almost everywhere. This app thinks about the big picture goals and aspirations and it helps you keep track of your achievements. With a traditional to-do list the goal is subtracting things you have to-do but with this app you are thinking about what you can do to add value to your life. I’m downloading it ASAP!
2. The Easiest Way to See if You’re Spending Your Time Right (The Muse): This is a simple way to visualize where you spend your time so that you can make changes and realizations based upon what you find!
3. Why College Students Need to Be Entrepreneurial With Their Careers (Entrepreneur): This article has great advice for college students!
4. 4 Critical Traits of Great Leaders (Entrepreneur): This is a great list! Here is my favorite: “Positive Energy – Leaders show positive energy and optimism, showering their people with a can-do attitude. This outlook draws co-workers to them and paves the way for influence, respect and admiration from others. In terms of leadership, positive energy has a multitude of benefits and is nothing short of a crucial component. When you’re positive, you think in terms of solutions, not problems, you inspire risk taking, tend to be more resilient and think more clearly. Moreover, you are more assertive and your candor allows for quicker, more open communication amongst the other employees. This is the foundation of strong leadership.” Read the rest.
5. Success Secrets From ELLE’s Women in Washington Power List (ELLE): Great advice!
6. Post Smarter: The Best Times to Use Social Platforms (Infographic) (Entrepreneur): If you manage social media for a company, it is important to use analytics and data to understand your audience but this is a great rule of paw. P.S. Did the infographic title make anyone else think of this song?
7. 20 Puppies Cuddling With Their Stuffed Animals During Nap Time (Buzzfeed) – Pawsitively amazing!
8. 11 Secrets of Highly Persuasive Speakers (Lifehack): This article is helpful regardless of whether you have a school presentation, a work presentation, a sorority meeting, or a date!